Zirconium Carbide Nanopowder
CAS No. : 12070-14-3
Chemical formula: ZrC
SSA: 70 m2/g
Crystal cell: Cubic
True density: 2.7 g/cm3
Bulk Density: 0.08 g/cm3
General properties and features:
ZrC ceramic is an important refractory material with hardness over SiC, higher strength and ductile, good thermal conductivity. The nanopowder increases activity, strength, ductile, absorption of microwave and light (of wavelength <2um most) or reflection back the IR from human body for heat storage, and lower sintering temperature.
1) nano-structure devices: For metallurgical, chemical, machinery, aviation, aerospace and energy industries, the materials is good for the uses of the high temperature corrosion and other wear-resistance with light weight.
2) surface coating on metal and other materials as tools, dies etc. with the anti-corrosion, good thermal conductivity.
3) composite materials such as metal-, or ceramic- or polymer matrix.
4) sintering additives, alloy grain refining or nucleating agent.
5) IR reflection additive in composite.
Note: The nano powder should avoid exposure to sunlight, to prevent moisture for long time.